HR Manager (Vancouver/Lower Mainland)
Post Date: 30/10/2018
Type of Placement: Full Time
• Lead recruitment efforts including posting advertisements, conducting interviews and new hire orientations.
• Oversee all aspects of payroll
• Address employee HR related issues.
• Work with the Management team to improve and streamline HR processes and programs.
• Continually assess training needs; develop and coordinate training programs in conjunction with Managers; track and report training initiatives.
• Investigate and address employee issues
• Manage STD and LTD claims and other programs to ensure timely return to work.
• Perform various administrative tasks related to the role.
• Ensure health and safety policies are up to date and adhered to.
• Be an active participant on the Joint Health and Safety Committee.
We are looking for a smart, energetic and experienced Human Resources Manager to play a key role in the success of our 350 staff production facility located at 8035 Enterprise Street in Burnaby, BC.
We are looking for someone who possesses a strong work ethic, is results-oriented, has strong leadership skills and enjoys working with others in a dynamic environment. The HR Manager will ensure the plant continues to provide an efficient work environment which promotes cooperation, encourages employee’s career development, and attracts/retains employees.
Reporting to the Plant Controller, the HR Manager will be responsible for all human resources functions.
Job Skills Required
• Post-Secondary degree or diploma in human resources management, business or related field OR 3+ years’ equivalent HR working experience in a production environment
• Payroll experience is necessary
• CHRP or working towards the designation
• Team Player with excellent interpersonal skills
• Able to work independently and in groups
• Self-motivated, strong hands-on work ethic
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Strong working knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office applications