Inventory Coordinator – 8340 Fraser Reach Court – NEW STATE OF THE ART FACILITY (Vancouver/Lower Mainland)
Post Date: 25/04/2018
Close Date: 31/05/2018
Salary Range: $40,000 + Bonus
Type of Placement: Full Time
We are excited to announce that K-Bro Linen Systems new state of the art facility is open and operational. Our new modern, commercial laundry facility is located at 8340 Fraser Reach Court, Unit #401.
K-Bro Linen Systems is Canada’s Leader in Healthcare and Hotel Laundry Services. Due to growth and our recent expansion, we are looking for a top performer to join our team in Burnaby. We offer stable, long term employment with excellent growth opportunities in a friendly work environment. Let’s see if working for us, works for you.
As the Inventory Coordinator, your primary role will be to manage the overall inventory of K-Bro owned linen plus a variety of production related consumables.
Ultimately, our objective is to achieve 100% linen fill rates and ensure our production team always has the supplies needed to perform their roles properly.
You will manage and track inventory levels for linen and consumables to ensure stock-outs are avoided and 100% fill-rates achieved. You will identify potential shortages and initiate orders via internal purchasing department (for linen) or directly with vendors. Precision and accuracy are the keys to success in this role.
You will also ensure maximum value is realized from non-linen vendors, Inclusive of direct negotiation for improved pricing. You will verify pricing and quantities on vendor invoices and approve for payment.
Job Skills Required
- Aptitude to manage inventory with a high level of accuracy and integrity within the facility and report on deficiencies.
- Ability to move product and supplies to the appropriate locations while maintaining excellent housekeeping.
- Skill set to operate sit-down forklifts efficiently, safely, and with due care. Ticket preferred but not mandatory; K-Bro can train and certify if necessary.
- Proven ability to help reduce costs wherever possible. This includes ensuring all consumable items are maintained in a secure manner to prevent unintended inventory loss and overuse.
- Adept in working with other supervisors and management in a cooperative, team-orientated manner to ensure the best possible business results.
- Ability to maintain accurate records of inventory transactions and balances.
- Competent in the use of MS Outlook, MS Excel, and MS Word.
- Participation and proactive engagement on K-Bro’s Health & Safety committee.
- Administrative and other ad-hoc duties as required.
- Driver’s licence preferred.