Customer Service Supervisor – Fraser Reach Court, Burnaby, BC (Vancouver/Lower Mainland)
Post Date: 18/03/2021
Close Date: 31/03/2021
Type of Placement: Full Time
K-Bro Linen Systems Inc. (K-Bro) – a Canadian leader in laundry and linen services – is looking for an experienced Customer Service Supervisor that demonstrates a proactive and hands-on approach in fulfilling our customer site based needs and responsibilities. We are looking for an experienced and responsible individual to join our team. As a Customer Service Supervisor, you will be responsible for managing an off-site team, with the main goal to always ensure customers receive required service levels on a daily basis.
K-Bro – founded in 1954 – is a trusted leader in laundry and linen services with 9 facilities across Canada. K-Bro services some of the most recognized healthcare and hospitality organizations across Canada, including Vancouver Coastal Health, Fraser Health, Providence Health and Provincial Health Services from our state-of-the-art facility in Burnaby. In 2017, K-Bro expanded overseas into the UK with the acquisition of Fishers Laundry Group. Today, K-Bro employs approximately 2,600 employees and is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX:KBL)
As a key member of the K-Bro Vancouver-Riverbend management team, the Customer Service Supervisor will report to and work closely with the Customer Service team and report directly to the plant General Manager to ensure business unit success at one of K-Bro’s largest facilities. This position is ultimately responsible for ensuring that all key service deliverables are met through the management of on-site employees. The individual will be expected to utilize their experience and knowledge in the development, maintenance and optimization of existing infrastructure and processes. The right person will possess intellectual curiosity by nature, will constructively question status quo, and will continuously seek opportunities to streamline and improve processes and outcomes for both K-Bro and its customers.
This position is based out of K-Bro’s state-of-the-art facility in South Burnaby but will require routine site visits and on site presence across the customer base to assist the team in daily operations.
- Staff and manage offsite locations within budgetary requirements on behalf of K-Bro
- Includes hiring, motivating, disciplining as required
- Current staff base of approx. 90 employees
- Routine weekly site visits to physically check on employees, site status and work quality
- Pro-actively manage schedules – vacations, sick calls, Covid protocols, super porters
- Reactively cover sick calls, absences as needed
- Approve hours for payroll runs – 2 x per month
- Maintain service levels expectations across all facilities – personal laundry services and linen distribution
- Ensure contractual obligations are maintained across the offsite locations
- Ensure all staff are adequately trained in the following areas
- Understanding performance deliverables and expectations
- Professional Conduct at all times
- Liaise with Customer Service Managers to co-ordinate solutions to any arising issues
- Liaise with transportation to assist with delivery related challenges – late trucks, loading dock changes
Secondary Responsibilities assisted by OH&S and HR
- Conduct Annual WHIMIS training – all employees
- Conduct Monthly health and safety inspections – identify and correct concerns
- Ensure completions of Criminal record checks – every 5 years
- Assist with organizing annual and reactive maintenance on off-site equipment
- Ensure all new hires completed required list of vaccinations
- Ensure annual tracking of Flu vaccinations
- Ensure staff have adequate supplies to conduct work – PPE, Office supplies, packaging
- Look for areas of service optimization
- Respond to BISS where required
Job Skills Required
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a supervisor/management role, ideally within a manufacturing or processing industry.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and MS Office products
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of legislations and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
K-Bro is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive compensation package. For the Customer Service Supervisor position, the compensation will consist of a competitive base salary, an annual performance bonus, as well as a comprehensive extended benefits package. The base salary for this role will depend on the successful candidate’s experience and credentials.
If you are confident that your experiences and abilities will set you up for success in this diverse and challenging role, please submit your cover letter and CV attention Kevin Stephenson – General Manager
Due to the expected high volume of applicants for this role, candidates who are not short-listed will not be contacted. We thank all applicants for showing interest in working with K-Bro.