Maintenance Administrative (Toronto)
Post Date: 10/09/2021
Salary Range: $38,000 - $40,000
Type of Placement: Full Time Permanent
- Ensure maintenance office and maintenance shop are kept organized and presentable, this includes maintaining inventories of all parts and tools, and the organization and labelling of the maintenance shop area.
- Receive and greet both internal and external clients for maintenance.
- Have guests review and sign Visitor Log as per Company’s Visitor Policy.
- Provide information and answer general questions and requests.
- Maintain stationary and supply inventory (parts) for department by checking stock levels, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Arrange courier pickups.
- Prepare outgoing mail and distribute incoming mail for maintenance.
- Update daily (am) utilities report for daily CUR.
- Provide support to Maintenance and Freight for invoicing; also keep track of all expenses. Through the month for Maintenance and Freight.
- Complete expense reports for Maintenance Management.
- Complete other administrative tasks as needed.
- Key Master for the building.
- Provide support to Janitorial Department, including scheduling, order janitorial supplies and helping to administer daily, weekly, monthly janitorial tasks.
- Reviews hours and makes corrections in Avanti for Maintenance and Janitorial Staff.
- Maintain a professional appearance and calm demeanour when dealing with visitors, contractors, staff and management.
- Attend daily production meetings for updates to ongoing issue with production.
- Will conduct first reviews for hiring new staff.
- Maintains all documentation of all equipment, files all inspection and other material pertaining to the building.
- Wears correct PPE for work area.
- Reports unsafe work practices (i.e. dangerous work habits).
- Responsible for performing work in a safe manner by following safety rules, regulations and emergency evacuation procedure.
Under the direction of the Chief Engineer, the Maintenance Administrative is responsible for performing duties ranging from reception to administration for maintenance department to include the General Manager and Operations Manager. The Maintenance Administrative Assistant provides office services by implementing administrative systems, procedures, and monitoring administrative projects.
Job Skills Required
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3-5 years’ experience providing administrative and front-line services.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with the ability to prioritize and remain organized.
- Exhibit integrity, honesty and willing to work hard and smart to support the operations team.
Monday – Friday (10:00am – 6:30pm)