Maintenance Technician (Toronto)
Post Date: 03/11/2023
Type of Placement: Full Time Permanent
K-Bro Linen Systems is Canada’s Leader in Commercial Laundry Services, and we continue to grow. Our Mississauga facility at 6045 Freemont Blvd is looking for qualified Mechanics. With competitive salaries (s/b wages) and benefits, this might be just the job you’ve been looking for.
- Check equipment and operating systems and correct wherever necessary.
- Ensure mechanical operations, standards and controls are maintained at high quality.
- Resolve motor, pump, conveyor and hydraulic problems.
- Ensure high level technical support to lower-level technicians.
- Show expertise in working with team and independently.
- Comply with company safety guidelines and procedures.
- Repair and perform preventive maintenance as per established standards.
- Use hand tools like power tools and rigging equipment daily.
- Ability to Weld and use a cutting torch.
- Comply with company and industry regulations and policies.
- Handle repairs and complete work order in a timely manner.
- Troubleshooting, including such areas as PLC, servo, motor controls, vision systems, pneumatics, hydraulics, equipment, and other related systems.
- PM industrial machines
- Perform mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic repairs.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work area.
- Conduct general upkeep procedures for building and equipment.
- Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals.
Supporting the Maintenance Manager to ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatics, conveyor systems and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, manufactures instructions and engineering specifications and troubleshooting malfunctions. Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair or production machines. Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
Job Skills Required
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Must have excellent mechanical, electrical & process controls background with the ability to troubleshoot various equipment types used.
- Must be a self-starter, work well with all levels, and be well organized.
- Must be able to operate man lifts and fork trucks.
- Must have his/her own tools.
- Good physical condition- must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Degree/Diploma in mechanical, or maintenance engineering technology preferred.
- Minimum experience 3-5+ years in maintenance industrial in food, service or manufacturing industries
- Mechanical or electrical knowledge to include the following:
- Basic knowledge in industrial environment or technical school
- Basic mechanical knowledge including power transmission, and/or fabrication skills.
- Preferred basic motor wiring or mechanical requirements.
- Basic mechanical and/or electrical troubleshooting abilities.
- Basic mechanical and/or electrical installation
- Ability to follow detailed instructions to complete routine procedures and/or operate standard equipment.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of basic mechanical systems
- Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with immediate management.
- Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to elevate issues and assist in development of effective and efficient solutions.
- 5 days per week, 8 hours per day
- Must be available for any shift, including weekends.
- Own transportation