Occupational Health & Safety Coordinator (Vancouver/Lower Mainland)
Post Date: 08/06/2022
Type of Placement: Full Time, Permanent
- Manage and monitor safety program to ensure compliance with regulations
- Develop and implement effective OH&S policies and guidelines for employees to follow
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures on an ongoing basis
- Prepare and present reports on incidents and investigate causes for prevention purposes
- Take lead in WorkSafeBC claims and manage all aspects of claims management
- Work closely with HR to ensure successful implementation of safety program
- Collaborate with Operations teams to maintain our industry-specific accreditations and certifications (HLAC and COR)
- Provide advice to management and employees on safety-related topics
- Prepare and deliver safety training, educational materials and seminars/webinars
K-Bro Linen Systems Inc. (K-Bro) – a Canadian leader in laundry and linen services – is looking for an experienced Occupational Health & Safety Coordinator that demonstrates a proactive and hands-on approach in driving the continual success of our safety program. As the OH&S Coordinator, you will be responsible for facilitating compliance with occupational health and safety guidelines. Your main goal will be to always ensure a safe working environment and prevent injuries and accidents from happening.
As a key member of the K-Bro team in British Columbia, the OH&S Coordinator will report to and work closely with plant General Managers to ensure safety objectives are met and exceeded at all 3 British Columbia facilities. The individual will take ownership of everything that is safety related, including but not limited to assessing and implementing safety protocols, reviewing policies and procedures, handling all WCB and WorkSafeBC related matters from end to end, and being an active member of committees and teams such as the Health & Safety Committee and the Operations Team.
This position is based out of K-Bro’s state-of-the-art facility in South Burnaby but will require working out of the other locations as needed.
K-Bro is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive compensation package. For the OH&S Coordinator position, the compensation will consist of a competitive base salary, an annual performance bonus, as well as a comprehensive extended benefits package. The base salary for this role will depend on the successful candidate’s experience and credentials.
Job Skills Required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a health & safety role, ideally from a manufacturing or production environment
- Bachelor’s degree in safety management or related field
- Solid knowledge and understanding of WorkSafeBC and industry regulations
- Hands-on experience writing OH&S policies and conducting data analysis
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively work and liaise with people at all levels
- Excellent influencing and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Excel and PowerPoint
- Certification in occupational health and safety an asset
- Exceptional organizational and prioritization skills
- Critical thinker with good problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Working knowledge of safety management information system